If your like most people your running out of storage space.
An easy solution is an Amish built shed in your backyard.
T1-11 Wood Siding Storage Shed
If when you walk in a room or shed and there is nothing but boxes and you barely have enough room to walk around to get what your looking for it could be time to think about some additional storage space.
You have several options when you are faced with this kind of situation.
You could never get any additional items but this is not very practical because as the seasons and years go by there are always those special keep sakes or maybe that deal on something that was just too good to pass up. So this option is not very likely.
You could possibly organize and stack up boxes as high as possible which would provide you with some more floor space but make sure to keep the items that you will access most often on top otherwise it becomes a huge project just to get one item when you need it. Even if you maximize the space to the highest degree, eventually even the most organized storage space will just delay the inevitable need for more space.
One option would be to add on addition onto the house but a project like this is very costly when compared to the option of buying a portable storage shed.
Getting a larger square foot house is another thing you could do. Sometimes this could be a viable option especially if when you bought your home it was just the two of you and than all of a sudden you start having several kids or the kids have moved out and than came back to live at home or the parents move into your home. These life changing events can really cause a need for a larger home. A more economical route for many would be to get a storage shed or a second storage shed for the influx of extra items or new people now residing with you.
Some of our customers have bought their shed after many years of paying monthly rental storage payments. It is true you could get more space by renting a storage building, but the problem with this is that after many years you will have paid enough on the monthly storage payments to buy a shed and sometimes 2 or 3 times over depending on how long you rented the storage space with nothing to show for it. Another disadvantage with renting a monthly storage unit is what it costs you in time and gas money each time you have to get something out of it or add an extra time to it. So buying a storage shed for you backyard makes a lot of sense if your looking to save money.
Lets say you are renting a home that is too small for your needs. The portable storage sheds can be delivered to your location and if you move we can move it for you. Of course this also applies to a home you own if you need to relocating in a year or two or a future date down the road. Please keep in mind we only move our own sheds and if your going to be moving so far away such as out of state than getting the shed moved would not be available and even if it was it wouldn't be very cost effect.
So we just went over some of the alternatives if you are in need of more storage space.
The most popular Amish built storage shed at Alan's Factory Outlet is the wood storage sheds. They are the most economical of the storage sheds available. When you buy a wood storage shed at Alan's Factory Outlet they are delivered fully assembled on a truck and trailer and come with your choice of paint color, trim color and shingle color. Once the shed is placed in your backyard in the location you want it, you can start filling it up right away. It even comes with a lock and 2 keys for security.
Other types of storage sheds available at Alan's Factory Outlet are vinyl storage sheds, board batten sheds and cedar sheds.
Discover 27 Uses for a Storage Shed
We are going to briefly touch on 27 different uses for a storage shed. Some of these uses will require additional work on your end and customization such as electric, ect. Please check with your local building code requirements and zoning set backs to make sure your within the guidelines of your county for what your looking to use it for.
Due to the autumn season we wanted to share a picture of one of our storage sheds used here in Page County, Luray, Virginia at the pumpkin patch.
- The pumpkin patch storage shed.
- Animal shelter, as a place to keep your dogs, cats or other farm animals in out of the rain, snow, cold and heat.
- As a place of business to work out of to help keep your over head low.
- Barber shop, one of our customers turned a shed into a barber shop and lifted up with a crane to have an access underneath the storage building for the pluming and running water.
- Craft shop or quilt shop to store all of the craft materials.
- Game room to have an area to play and have fun for both kids and adults.
- Workshop as a place to work on those wood working projects without getting all of that dust in your basement or home.
- Storage building to store extra house hold items or stuff that don't need to be in the house.
- Chemical storage to help kid proof your home one way to go about this would be instead of keeping chemicals in your home you could store it in a locked shed.
- Pool house as a changing room or pool supply storage beside your swimming pool or jacuzzi.
- School house to teach your kids or as a class room to teach several kids.
- Garden shed to store all of your garden supplies close by the garden.
- Potting shed to grow your plants or flowers.
- Tool shed so you can get organized and have an efficient work area.
- Work out room or gym to pump some iron or get some cardio or ride that stationary bike or treadmill to get in shape for the summer beach trip or just for better health benefits or a longer life.
- Mechanic shed to work on your car, truck, or farm equipment
- A quiet area to relax, read, study, pray or mediate.
- Wood storage to help keep the wood dry and ready to use when you need to fire up the wood stove or fireplace.
- A kids playhouse for your child or children to play and a good time for us parents or grand parents to spend time with are son, daughter or grand children and create some lasting memories and invest in a kids future with the best gift of all and that is your time, shed not required for that.
- In need of an extra room in your home but not wanting to spend the big bucks of adding on to your home, a shed could be the answer to adding an extra room that is portable.
- A church, yes a pastor friend of mine turned a shed into a church even put a wood stove in it to keep the people warm during the winter months.
- An office away from the home, if you need a quiet work area or don't have enough space for a office in your home.
- Guest house, with a few modifications this could make a nice temporary headquarters for visiting family and friends.
- Bathroom, we have had a couple people turn a shed into a bathroom.
- Camping shed, it beats a tent and is weather proof. No need to worry about waking up to a bear trying to break in for some food.
- Save money and stop paying monthly fees on rental storage when you can buy a storage shed and not have to leave you property to use it.
- And the final use for a storage shed is at Alan's Factory Outlet I personally use one of the storage sheds as my office and have for 10 years.
If your ever in Luray, VA please feel free to stop bye and say hi. Most likely you'll find me in my shed.
Spring season is here once again and the grass is really starting to take off. Having a clean, dry place to store your riding mower and weed eater from the harsh winter weather will help you protect your investment and give you a piece of machinery that will last longer saving you money in the long run and help to keep your valuable items look new longer. Even thou you don't have to worry about the snow in the spring and summer the rain over time can start to rust away the outside of the mower.
Alan's Factory Outlet Metal Garage
The metal garages are built without a floor and come in many different sizes and styles with several different size garage doors to fit just about anything inside of it.
Two other options of siding if you want a garage door would be the wood garage and vinyl garage which can be built with or without a floor depending on your circumstances. The Amish built garages come with a single entry door and two windows and gable vents for ventilation.
If your looking for something a little smaller a wood storage shed or vinyl storage shed which comes with double doors instead of the garage door could be a good fit.
Alan's Factory Outlet is here to help you with your storage shed and garage needs, please keep in mind that we are now heading into the busy season so plan ahead and beat the spring rush.
I would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter in this 2012 Year of our Lord. May God Bless You and Your Family as we take time to reflect upon what matters most and what things we have to be Thankful for. Thank You, Jesus
Vinyl sheds for sale
Alan's Factory Outlet vinyl sheds are custom built in the vinyl siding that best matches your home. The vinyl sheds for sale are made in many different sizes and styles. All of the vinyl sheds for sale are built by the Amish and delivered to your home fully assembled.
The shed in this picture is a 10x16 a-frame. All a-frame vinyl sheds for sale come with double doors, two windows and two gable vents. The vinyl sheds now come standard with pressure treated 2x4 floor joists which as always still have p.t. 4x4 runners with a 5/8" plywood floor so the vinyl sheds for sale have a floor system that is 7" off the ground not to mention the first 7" are all pressure treated. This gives you a building that is made to last a lifetime.
The vinyl sheds for sale are delivered in all of Virginia and West Virginia with free delivery to the 21 local counties in VA.
Maybe your looking for something besides a vinyl shed. We have a few other options to choose from when it comes to the Amish built buildings such as wood sheds and board and batten sheds.
Feel free to leave Alan a comment about the vinyl sheds for sale.
What kind of site preparation for a shed do I need?
A level area for the storage sheds are the most important thing so the doors and windows open and close properly.
Gravel base for drainage. Gravel should be 4" to 6" deep and 2' wider and longer than the size of the shed.
Gravel type for site preparation for shed: If the shed is going to be placed in a dry area than crusher run in gravel is fine. If the area where the shed will be placed is wet or tends to hold water you will want to go with a larger gravel such as 3/4" size gravel or commonly called #57.
The sheds are built with a pressure treated 4"x4" foundation with 2"x4" pressure treated floor joists and a plywood floor.
Here is a picture with an ideal gravel pad showing what you want the site preparation for a shed to look like.
The site prep for this shed is a 10x14 wooden a-frame shed.
The wood sheds all come painted. Vinyl sheds are also available if you never want to have to paint the shed. A third type of board batten sheds can be stained and gives you a shed that looks like the horse barns.
There are several options when you get the gravel pad in place. You can just have the gravel in place and sloped down that last 6". Or you can get some 4x4 or 6x6 post around the perimeter to help hold in the gravel. Or you could dig down 4 to 6 inches and have the gravel stop flush with the ground around it.
Is gravel required? No, we recommend a gravel pad for drainage but at a minimum you will want to have a level area.
Let us know if you have any other ideas on the site preparation for a shed that you have.
Wood Storage Sheds
Wood Sheds are the most popular and economical of the storage sheds compared to the vinyl sheds, board batten sheds and cedar sheds.
Wood sheds are built with duratemp siding. This wood siding is T1-11 siding made with a plywood inside and an engineered exterior that has a 25 year warranty. Wood sheds have an average paint time of approximately every 10 years. The outside of the wood sheds are very durable. They come painted with 2 coats of commercial grade paint, wood corner trim, wood trim around the doors and wood X's on the bottom of the double doors. Rubber stoppers are also put on all doors.
Most of the wood sheds come with two windows with your choice of shutter colors. There are 2 types of shutters available, wood shutters or plastic shutters.
The floor system on the wooden sheds consists of 5 pressure treated runners on most sizes with pressure treated joists and a plywood floor. A metal plate is on the floor at the the base of the floor where you walk in to protect the floor.
The interior of the sheds are built with 2x4's 16" on center on the side wall and roof. The wood sheds have a 1/2" plywood roof. Felt paper and architectural shingles in the color that best matches your home. Two gable vents are included for ventilation.
All of the wood sheds are custom built in the size and style you want. You get to place the doors and windows in the desired location. You can visit Alan's Factory Outlet to get an idea on what size and style shed will best suit your needs.
If you need a garage door and a reinforced floor one of the wooden garages may be just what your looking for. The garages are also built in vinyl garages if you want a garage that will never need to be painted.
Another type of garage that doesn't require any painting are the metal garages. The metal garages are built on site and only come without a floor where the wood and vinyl garages can be made with our without a floor.
The wooden and vinyl sheds and garages are Amish built and delivered to your home on a truck and trailer fully assembled. Wood storage sheds are available in select sizes as shed kits.
12x16 Storage Shed
This 12x16 Shed is a wooden dutch barn style.
Alan's Factory Outlet sheds are built in several different styles of wood and vinyl storage sheds. Free delivery 7 local counties in VA and WV on the 12x16 shed.
On this shed the doors and windows can be placed on the end or the side of the building.
12x16 vinyl dutch barn style shed
This video is of a 10x14 shed. This shed is a chalet vinyl shed. Alan's Factory Outlet sheds are delivered to VA and WV. Free delivery 7 local counties in Virginia.
Here is a picture of an a-frame 10x14 shed made in wood siding.
Alan's Factory Outlet Amish sheds are delivered to Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland. Amish storage sheds are built in the factory by the Amish and placed on a delivery truck with a shed trailer. The 52' long truck and trailer is backed into the location you want your shed placed. For most buildings you will need 15' wide clearance and 13' high clearance for the truck and trailer to place the shed where you want it.
Sheds are built in several different sidings such as wood sheds, vinyl sheds, board batten and cedar storage buildings.
Once you have your siding picked out you will want to choose a style and size amish shed.
Amish Sheds Standard Features on A-Frame and Dutch Barns
- Double doors with steel diamond plate at threshold to protect your floor and door stoppers for the doors
- Two windows with shutters and 2 gable vents for airflow
- 30 year architectural shingles with felt paper
- 40 year 4x4 pressure treated foundation
- Sidewall and roof with 2x4 joists 16" on center
- All plywood interior and plywood flooring
Alan's Factory Outlet display lot of Amish Storage Sheds is located at 643 West Main St. Luray VA.
Alan's Factory Outlet Amish Sheds are delivered in VA, WV and MD.
Sheds VA 7 local counties are free delivery on new orders.
The T1-11 wood shed in this picture is of a Dutch Barn with red pain, white trim, white shutters and a black roof. There are also two optional flower boxes. Vinyl sheds are also available.
All of the wood and vinyl amish sheds are delivered fully assembled on a pressure treated 4x4 foundation with perpendicular 2x4 joists upright on top of that and a plywood floor above that.
Shed Foundation 3 Key Benefits
- First of all it elevates the floor to approximately 7" off of the ground which allows air flow under the shed to prevent rotting.
- Second because it has 4x4 runners it is easily delivered off the shed trailer.
- Third if you ever need to move the shed it can be moved because it has the 4x4 foundation which can be put back on the shed trailer and moved to a different location in your yard a few hundred feet away or a few hundred miles away.
If you order your amish shed at Alan's Factory Outlet and want it moved in VA, WV and MD we can move it for you.