A Homeowner's Guide to Backyard Pests
Household pests are more than a nuisance: They can also pose a threat. Pests spread disease, carry viruses and bacteria, and can bite homeowners, pets, and children. Not only do pests threaten human health and welfare, but they can damage important structures in the home and yard. Backyard pests can destroy lawns, gardens, and landscaping. They may enter the home and wreak havoc and destruction. Deal with backyard pests immediately to protect the health and well-being of people, pets, and your property.
Mice, Chipmunks, and Rats
- Rats and Mice: Get Them Out of Your House and Yard: Learn about rats and mice and how to identify them in your backyard. Find methods for controlling and removing these pesky rodents.
- Remedy for Mice Digging up Yard: Discover effective ways to stop mice from destroying your lawn, garden, and yard.
- A Guide for the Prevention and Control of Rodents: Learn how to identify, prevent, and control rodents in the backyard environment.
- Getting Rid of Rats: Discover how to get rid of rats from the backyard and home.
- How to Identify and Control Rodents: Learn the health hazards rodents pose to human health and the best methods for eliminating rodents.
- Preventing Rats on your Property: Use this guide to discover methods for preventing rat infestations.
- Preventing Ticks in the Yard: Learn how to prevent, control, and eliminate ticks. Ticks cause illness and are dangerous to human and pet health. Discover how to remove ticks correctly and identify symptoms of tick-borne illness.
- Control Household Insect Pests: Use this guide to learn about different insects such as silverfish, ants, flies, cockroaches, and more.
- Boxelder Bugs: Learn about boxelder bugs and how to identify and control them.
- Aphids, Scales, and Mites on Home Garden and Landscape Plants: Discover how to treat common insects that infest backyards.
- Brown Recluse and Black Widow Spiders: Learn how to identify brown recluse and black widow spiders. Find methods for preventing and controlling infestations.
- Spider Mites: Learn about spider mites and find ways to prevent, control, and treat a backyard infestation.
- Deer Problems in Residential Areas: Learn about deer and how they can become problematic for homeowners. Find ways to repel and address deer problems.
- Tips for Deterring Deer: Learn tips to help keep deer out of the yard and garden.
- 20 Ways to Keep Deer Out of Your Yard: Use these professional tips to keep deer out of your backyard habitat.
- Coping with Deer Damage in Florida: These tips are applicable to anyone dealing with unwanted deer.
- Plant Wisely so Deer Won't Make a Meal Out of Your Yard: Use these tips to learn how to prevent deer from coming into your yard.
- Dealing with Unwanted Dinner Guests in Your Landscape: Learn about deer and how they can become problematic in the backyard.
- Squirrels: How to Keep Them Out of Bird Feeders: Use these tips to help limit squirrels in your backyard.
- Managing Wyoming Ground Squirrels: These squirrel tips can be used by people nationwide when dealing with problematic squirrels.
- Managing Pests Around the Home: These tips are good for dealing with pests, including squirrels.
- Tree Squirrels: Learn about various tree squirrels and find ways to keep them out of your yard.
- Tree Squirrels: Pests in Gardens and Landscapes: Discover ways to remove tree squirrels from the backyard environment.
- Raccoons: Keeping Unwanted Animals Out of Your Yard: Use these steps to prevent raccoons from moving into your yard.
- Raccoons: These methods will help keep raccoons out of your yard.
- Raccoon and Skunk Deterrents: Learn how to evict raccoons and skunks from your backyard environment. Raccoons and skunks carry rabies and are a threat to human and pet health.
- Raccoons With Distemper: Rabies isn't the only disease raccoons carry. Learn about the dangers of canine distemper and find ways to keep raccoons off your property.
- Nuisance Wildlife: Learn how to deal with nuisance wildlife, such as raccoons, and tips for homeowners and those who live in trailers to prevent raccoons from moving in the backyard.
- Deterring Wildlife: Raccoons: Learn how to deter raccoons from coming onto your property.
- Backyard Bird Problems: Learn about various nuisance birds and find ways to deter them from coming onto your property.
- Keep Me Wild: Turkeys: Discover how feeding wild turkeys can bring future problems and how to deal with wild turkeys and deter them from your backyard.
- Controlling Nuisance Birds in New Mexico: These tips and methods are suitable for anyone dealing with unwanted birds.
- Managing Urban Pest Bird Problems in Kentucky: Learn about pesky bird species common to the East Coast and how to keep them at bay.
- Trapping Birds: Use these methods to trap birds that are causing problems.