When the snow is blowing around outside and the temperature is dropping, a delicious bowl of homemade soup can really hit the spot. Check out these recipes for people who love veggies, meat, spices, or all of the above!
- Potato Bacon Soup: Start with potatoes, add some bacon, and you have the makings of a perfect bowl of soup to enjoy in the wintertime. This soup gives you a delightful dose of flavor with the addition of onions, celery, carrots, and Cajun spice mix.
- Cream Keto Chicken Soup: Are you on the keto eating plan? Whether the answer is yes or no, this soup is a tasty treat when it's snowing outside your window. Its main ingredients are pumpkin and chicken. It also spices things up with ginger, turmeric, and chili flakes.
- Tortellini Soup: A soup with pasta! What could be better? The chicken, onions, salt, cheese, and tomato sauce in this dish will make you feel like you're having a plate of spaghetti!
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup: Are you leaning toward a paleo diet these days? Try this soup with ingredients such as red and white onions, coconut sugar, avocado oil, vinegar, and thyme.
- Chili Con Carne and Vegetables: When I think of wintertime foods, chili definitely makes the list. This chili recipe has something for meat lovers, vegetarians, and everyone in between! Ground beef, tomatoes, zucchini (green and yellow), garlic, and paprika are all present and accounted for in this paleo-friendly recipe. Don't forget the sour cream or Greek yogurt and shredded cheese for the topper. This spicy recipe is particularly popular in the south.
- Sweet Potato, Kale, and Chickpea Soup: This veggie soup is full of nutrients. Along with the main ingredients, there is onion, a red bell pepper, vegetable broth, and salt in this dish. This one falls into two categories: easy to make and delicious.
- New England Clam Chowder: Stone clams, Yukon gold potatoes, onions, heavy cream, and more make this a filling dish. This recipe is very popular in the northeast, as you might've guessed from the name.
- Cabbage Soup: This is an easy recipe for a filling soup. One of the best things about it is that you can make substitutes and still end up with a delicious creation. Some of the ingredients are onions, chicken broth, carrots, white beans, cabbage, celery, and tomatoes. If you don't care for white beans, go with chickpeas, butter beans, or great northern beans. You don't like carrots? Go with zucchini or parsnips. Get creative!
- Hamburger Soup: Do you want the taste of a hamburger without having to make a hamburger? This soup is the next best thing. Ground beef, carrots, onion, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and corn are all ingredients in this delicious soup for meat-lovers.
- Cream of Spinach Soup: This soup is almost too pretty to eat. Start with spinach and chicken stock, then get some onions, cream, smoked paprika, lemon, butter, and flour. It's an easy recipe with an attractive presentation if you're looking for something to serve at an upcoming party.
- Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup: Try a chicken soup recipe with a spicy twist. This recipe includes chicken broth, chicken breasts, onion, garlic, chili powder, and tomatoes. You can even put in green chilies if you're feeling extra spicy.
I guess there's nothing left to say but "soup's on!" Thanks for reading. - Alan