An outdoor wedding is all the more beautiful when the ceremony takes place under a pergola. If you're responsible for decorating a pergola for a wedding, you may be looking for some ideas. Fortunately, this week's blog is all about that very subject! Consider these seven suggestions that will help your pergola to look its best on the big day.
Seven Examples of Beautiful DIY Wedding Pergolas
- Wedding by Candlelight: Create a memorable setting for a wedding ceremony by draping long pieces of white tulle across the outer edges of your pergola. Also, wind lengthy pieces of tulle around each of the support columns of the structure. Use white ribbon to secure the lightweight fabric to each column. Next, use wire to suspend six or seven white lanterns from the top of the pergola. Remember to hang them high enough so that people can walk beneath them. Put a white candle in each of the lanterns and light them just before the ceremony begins. The soft glow of these lanterns combined with the gauzy fabric creates a peaceful atmosphere for a wedding ceremony.
- A Flowery Pergola: You can transform your pergola for an upcoming wedding with the help of just a few simple materials. Cloak your pergola in white billowy fabric and decorate its main beams with bunches of hydrangeas, eucalyptus, pink gomphrena, and tillandsia. These delicate blooms contribute to the romantic look of your pergola. By the time you finish your intricate work, you won't recognize your own pergola!
- A Ceremony with Autumn Flavor: If you're decorating a pergola for a fall wedding, try suspending several small wreaths from the cross beams. Choose wreaths that are made with fall leaves featuring brilliant oranges, yellows, and reds. Also, place pumpkins of different sizes at the base of each support column. Corn stalks arranged around the columns also add another fall-like touch to the picture.
- A Gathering of Chinese Lanterns: A simple way to create the perfect wedding décor for your pergola is to hang Chinese lanterns from the crossbeams of the structure. You can choose Chinese lanterns of different colors and sizes to add more interest to the scene. Or you might prefer to stick with one color for all of the lanterns. Either way, a pergola full of glowing Chinese lanterns makes a wedding ceremony and reception all the more special.
- Roses and White Lights: This idea is simple but is sure to leave an impression on your wedding guests. Get several strings of white lights and wrap them around the top and columns of your pergola. I recommend you look through your boxes of Christmas lights: You may find you already have some white lights you can use. Next, make some rose flower balls and suspend them from the main beams of your pergola.
- Ivy Vines and Flowers: Get some friends together to help you drape dozens of silk sage ivy vines over the crossbeams of your pergola. Also, twist the vines around the support columns. You can purchase artificial ivy vines at a craft store. In addition to the vines, gather several bunches of your wedding flowers and secure them to each of the columns with long white ribbon.
- Sparkling Curtains: If you want some especially unique decorations for your pergola wedding, try some beaded curtains. These curtains are made of various types of glass beads. Purple butterflies, blue raindrops, white pearls, and pink hearts are just a few examples of the colors and shapes that are available. You may need to put a few hooks into the top of your pergola to hang the curtains. There are also hooks that may fit over the top of a main beam. These glass beads reflect sunlight as they move in a soft breeze, creating a lovely atmosphere for a wedding ceremony.
Good luck with your do-it-yourself decorating projects! Thanks for reading. - Alan