Amish Built Storage Sheds in Virginia
Alan's Factory Outlet storage sheds in Virginia are delivered in all of Virginia. Not only are sheds available but we have a variety of barns, garages, two car garages and 2 story garages that are custom pre built and delivered fully assembled to you.
The Amish built storage sheds and storage shed kits are delivered for free in 30 counties in Virginia.
The storage sheds are made in 4 different types of siding which consist of wood storage sheds, vinyl storage sheds, board batten barns and cedar buildings. There are advantages to each type of siding so it kind of comes down to your personal preference and budget as to which type of building you go with. The Virginia storage shed kits are only available in T1-11 wood siding. They are precut and painted with each of the four walls already made. We even put the doors and windows in the location you want them saving you assembly time.
There are many different sizes and styles to accommodate many unique situations whether you want maximum loft space or need a certain width or length shed. Or maybe your looking for a large garage.
You get to pick the main color, trim color, shingle color and shutter color for each of the storage sheds Virginia at Alan's Factory Outlet. Wood Shed Colors, Vinyl Shed Colors.
A couple of common questions asked about the storage shed in Virginia.
1) Do I need to get a permit? We do not get any of the building or zoning permits so it is up to each customer to check and see what is required for their VA County based on their location and the size of the storage building, barn or garage your planning on buying.
2) Is built on site available on the storage shed? The wood and vinyl storage sheds are delivered fully assembled and are not built on site. We do have the diy wood shed kits but you would need to put them together. We do have one product line that is built on site and they are the metal tubing carports and metal storage sheds.
3) Does the area where the storage shed is going need to be level. Yes, it is very important that you have a level location for the shed to be placed for the doors to open and shut properly. We do not level the sheds and we recommend a 4 to 6 inch gravel base which is 2' wider and 2' longer than the size of the storage shed you get.
You will want to order the storage building before you need it because since they are custom built once you order there is a backlog on getting them built. The current delivery time is approximately 3 to 6 weeks on the VA storage sheds and this my vary slightly a little quicker during the slower months in the winter and a littler longer during peak busy season during the spring, summer and fall months. You will get a one week notice to schedule the delivery date. The delivery time on the wooden and vinyl siding two car garages is closer to 4 to 8 weeks and the 2 story storage sheds are running between 5 to 10 weeks. Please feel free to reach out with a phone call or email as these delivery times do fluctuate and are just averages.
What are the payment options on the sheds in Virginia. We accept check and credit card, Visa, Discover and MasterCard for the deposit and the balance is a check once it is delivered. We do not have any financing available so for financing you will want to check with your local bank or finance company.
Thank you for taking the time to read about the storage sheds in Virginia. We hope you have found this information useful.
Discover which wood storage building kits and metal storage building kits are in demand at Alan's Factory Outlet.
1) The prefab wood storage building kit that is the largest of the DIY wood storage building kits is 10x20 size and the style shed with the most head room is the dutch barn storage building. The wooden storage buildings online are precut and painted with the doors and windows prehung for an easy assembly experience. The dutch barn portable storage buildings come with double doors and two windows with gable vents for ventilation. On the dutch barn storage sheds you get to pick the location for the double door and the two windows. The wood storage buildings also come painted to save you time and money.
2) If you reside in a location that has a height restriction on the peak height of how tall the shed can be than we have a solution. The area that sometimes have height restrictions is in Northern Virginia in Fairfax County, VA. Many of our customers wanting to buy the storage buildings for sale have a 8' 6" height clearance so the one style shed that is under this requirement is the 4' mini barn which is 8' tall at the peak. The mini barns have double doors and one window in the back end opposite of the double doors.
3) The next style that is popular are the a-frame storage building kits. They have a gable roof which matches the roof line of most homes best which is the main reason many people love the a-frame sheds. They come with double doors and two windows like the dutch barn and the windows and doors on the a-frame structure can be placed where ever you want them. The wood a-frame structures have 7' outside walls and since the floor is just over 7" off of the ground gives you about 6' 4" sidewalls on the inside. A variation of the a-frame wooden storage building kits is the high wall a-frame which is 1' taller.
4) The next kind of building is a metal carport kit which are delivered as a kit and built on site. They are the cheapest of all of the kits and do a great job of protecting your belongs. The carport kits are open on the sides and ends thus saving you money but not providing 100% protection rain and snow can still reach it but it is a whole lot more protection then no cover at all. You can buy the metal carports online at Alan's Factory Outlet Store.
5) The most affordable fully enclosed storage building kits available are the metal storage buildings. The metal storage building kits are delivered to your home as a kit. Most sizes are built by our crew within one day with free delivery and installation on all of the metal buildings in 27 different states. The metal buildings are for sale online.
6) This next type of kit for your backyard are the pergola kits. They are made as a decorative landmark for a patio or a shaded area for your backyard. The Amish made pergola kits are built in wood and vinyl and are shipped nationwide in the USA. The DIY pergola kits do not have a floor. You can order pergola kits online.
7) Making the list as the most beautiful of all the structures are the gazebo kits. The Amish made gazebo kits are constructed in wood and vinyl. The gazebo kits come standard with a floor but we can build it without a floor. There are many different sizes of gazebos. You can get it with a single roof or a double roof. At Alan's Factory Outlet store there are gazebo kits for sale.
Thank you for reading about the 7 most poplular storage building kits and backyard kits. Please feel free to share this with your family and friends.
Carport Canopy Metal Carports
Alan's Factory Outlet carport canopy come in 3 different styles of metal carports. You get to choice between the regular carport, boxed eave carport and vertical roof carport.
The regular carport canopies have a rounded roof line and are the only carport that has a barn shaped roof. This carport provides the most head room because of the rounded roof for example the 6' leg is measured 6' at the bottom of the bend and at the top of the bend it is 1' taller 7' at the top of the bend. The other two styles do not come with this bonus foot. Another factor that makes the regular metal canopy attractive is that it cost less when compared vs the other 2 styles.
The boxed eave carport has an a-frame roof. A couple of reasons to consider the boxed canopy is that it may match your home better because most homes have a gable roof line. There is also a 6" overhang on the sides.
Vertical Roof Carport Canopy
The strongest carport canopy is the vertical carport which at first glance looks just like the boxed with one major difference and that is on the vertical metal carport the roof sheeting goes up where the roof sheeting on the boxed and regular carports and metal garages sheeting goes with the length of the structure. Another fact that helps make the vertical the strongest is that the only way the roof sheeting can be attached to the roof is by having cross braces which in return make the roof even stronger. If you are planning on adding gutters or if you live in an area prone to getting heavy snow storms it may be worth investing a little more for peace of mind as the snow tends to slide off of the vertical metal buildings.
The most popular reason people get a carport canopy is to protect their car, truck, boat or RV motor home from the weather, sun powerful rays, snow, ice, hail or falling branches from above trees.
The metal carports are custom built in a wide variety of sizes including width and length insure you will have enough space for all of the items your planing on storing under the carport canopy. You get to pick the leg height on the steel framing carports.
The sides can be left open, partially closed or fully closed. You can close the gables and the ends if you need more of a closed in area. You can also fully enclose the carport and turn it into a metal garage by add garage doors, walk in doors and windows.
The steel framing comes standard with 14 ga tubing. You can upgrade to a thicker 12 ga steel tubing which has a 20 year rust through warranty.
The roof sheeting on the carport canopies comes with 29 ga metal sheeting that has a baked enamel finish. The width on the sheeting comes in 3' wide sections.
Another question you will want to decide is if you need a certified carport. The certified metal buildings come with blue print drawings. The uncertified carports do not come with drawings so if the location you live requires blue print drawings you will need to make sure you buy the carport certified.
The metal carport canopy is delivered and installed to over half of the nation in the USA. The one key requirement we have is that the area the carport is being placed on is level or within 3 to 4 inches level.
Here are the metal carport prices for you to look at on each of the different sizes and styles of carport canopy buildings.
You can order your carport by calling Alan at Alan's Factory Outlet or if you prefer you can order the carport online right now at the Alan's Factory Outlet store.
Shed Styles: Storage Shed Styles available for delivery in Virginia and West Virginia at Alan's Factory Outlet
There are several different shed styles of wood and vinyl storage sheds to choose from at Alan's Factory Outlet.
The shortest and cheapest shed is the mini barn. Also called a 4' mini barn because it has 4' sidewalls. It is 8' at the peak, which gives you enough room to walk inside but not really enough space for a loft.
4' mini barn shed style
The style shed with the most storage space is the dutch barn which is basically 2' 6" taller than the mini barn. The dutch barn sheds are built in wooden and vinyl siding. All of the other style buildings including the dutch barn have two windows. The one shed style that only has 1 window is the mini barn.
Dutch barn storage building
All of the Amish built sheds are custom ordered in the color, size and style you want with delivery available in all of VA and WV.
Another of the shed styles to pick from is the a-frame shed which has a triangle shaped gable roof line.
Keep in mind that there is a whole variety of color options for the wood and vinyl sheds. Here are the wood shed colors and the vinyl shed colors.
A-frame style storage shed
The a-frame shed has 7' walls from the ground to the roof line. Since the floor is 7" off of the ground because of the 4"x4" pressure treated foundation skids and the 2"x4" floor joists that are 16" on center and the 5/8" plywood floor this means the head room inside is closer to 7' 4" on the sides with more headroom room towards the center.
If your looking for a taller a-frame shed we have a high wall a-frame that is 1' taller than the a-frame shed. The high wall a-frame shed has 8' sidewalls. This gives you approximately 7' 4" headroom on the inside sidewall.
The 5th most popular style shed is the quaker shed which has an off set roof and a 1' overhang on one side where the doors go.
Amish built quaker storage shed
All 5 of these styles of sheds are available fully assembled and in wood sheds kits in 13 different sizes ranging from 6x6 to 10x20 in size. The do it yourself shed kits are precut and painted with the doors and windows all ready put in the location you want them. All of the hardware required to build it is included with each kit. Shed kits are a great way to get the quality of an Amish shed in a location where a truck and trailer would not be able to deliver a fully assembled building.
Both the fully assembled pre-built sheds and wood shed kits are delivered for free in 21 local counties in VA and WV. All of northern Virginia is included in the free delivery area for the storage sheds.
So now that you have got a chance to see the pictures of the most popular styles of sheds available at Alan's Factory Outlet. What next? The only thing better than a picture is a video tour of several different styles of sheds with a few extra styles of buildings we have yet to talk about like a hip roof shed, one car garages, 2 car garage and the big two story 2 car garage barn along with a metal garage and carport in a tour of the display area.
Your always invited during daylight hours 7 days a week to look at the sheds in person at 643 West Main Street Luray, VA 22835 as they are always unlocked for you to walk through and look at with the size, style and price inside each shed. Alan's Factory Outlet new office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8am to 5pm so feel free to stop bye, call or email any questions you have about the sheds.
Discover your options on commercial steel buildings for auto repair shops or auto body shop
The commercial metal buildings for sale at Alan's Factory Outlet are custom built to meet your needs.
The detached steel buildings can be used for many different reasons besides an auto repair shop and an automobile body shop, such as commercial buildings, agricultural, equestrian and residential metal buildings.
3 Types of Commercial Steel Buildings
1) Many of the purposes for a buying a commercial steel building would be because you need a lot of space and are looking for a large steel building with taller legs and big garage doors. We can make the metal garages in many different sizes. You get to pick the width and length of the steel garage. The width on the smaller size steel garages which are usually used more for residential customers or business that do not need large building. They run 12', 18', 20', 22' and 24' wide. You can make them as long as you need them. They start out 21' long and get longer in 5' increments and they go 26', 31', 36', 41', 46, 51', 56', 61', 66', 71', 76', 81', 86', 91', 96', 101' and even longer if you need it longer. These lengths are the same on all of the metal buildings. Please keep in mind that there is a 6" front and back end overhang on the steel building so if your getting a concrete pad you will want to make sure the pad size is 1' less in length than the building so for example lets say you are buying the 24x41 size steel building for sale you will want to make sure the pad size is 24' wide by 40' long. We can make a custom size steel building but since it is a custom size it is the price of the next larger size so it is not the best value per square foot but sometimes it may be worth it if you already have the foundation prepared is one good reason.
2) The next kind of steel building are the triple wide steel buildings. They are are made in 26', 28' and 30' wide. Because of the wider span the are made even stronger than the standard size steel garages.
3) The largest and strongest of the steel buildings are called the 40' wide steel buildings. They are actually made 32', 34', 36', 38' and of course 40' wide. If your looking for a huge commercial steel building this could be just want you've been looking for.
40' wide commercial steel building
Once you decide on the size of the building you will want to configure the leg height and garage door size. They can be made with up to 14' leg height and this is the side at the lowest point of the building so you will have even more head room in the center. The extra tall structures are really important if you have a mechanic workshop, auto repair shops or a auto body shop where you will need enough space for a lift to work on the vehicles.
There are a many different size garage doors available ranging from 6x6 to 12x12. If you need a garage door bigger than a 12x12 size we can frame out an opening for you to put in a custom garage door after we install the steel building. We can even make the garage doors with an automatic garage door opener.
Other options like a walk in door and windows can be added. You get to pick the exact location for the garage doors, single doors and windows.
Don't need a fully enclosed building? We also have a full line of steel carports which can be left open or partially enclosed. The steel carports are available in all of the sizes of buildings we just went over.
Many of our customers have bought the steel building from Alan's Factory Outlet and used it as a commercial building for their business such as auto repair shops, auto body shops, woodworking shop and many other custom metal buildings for agricultural and residential customers.
So if your looking for a commercial steel building whether it's for auto repair shops or auto body shop, woodworking shop or just need some extra storage space than one of the metal storage buildings at Alan's Factory Outlet could be the answer.
Looking for information about the Double Carport Price and Size?
A question many people ask is how much is the double carport. Driving down the road you may recall seeing a sign on a carport that says double carport. Usually the size of the steel carport kits for sale with those signs on them is a 18x21 size carport. A lot of times if someone is wanting to get a double carport they want to park two cars underneath the carport and for most people especially if it is going to be used on a daily basis you will want to go with a slightly wider size. If you just need enough space for a car and a motorcycle or a car and a mower than the 18' wide should work fine but many times it is a car and SUV or car and truck which can create a situation where you end up hitting the car door on the other vehicle or on the vertical upright steel carport tubing.
For two smaller compact cars a better size double carport I would recommend would be 20x21. If you are wanting to make the carport fully enclosed with two garages doors then the 20x21 is the most narrow size of the steel garages that have two garage doors.
The next larger size double carport is the 22x21 which provides that little bit of extra room. The largest of double carport is the 24x21 which is great if you have two larger vehicles or just want extra room so you don't have to worry about the door paint being chipped.
One other way is to get more space is to go with a longer size carport. The carport length run longer by 5' increments so 26' long is the next longer size, than 31' long etc. This is nice if you have a really long truck or if your getting a steel garage and want to have a few extra feet of storage space for shelving or car supplies that extra 5' is really helpful.
Another option is to get a double carport and enclose a shed area in the back end for enclosed storage like shown in this picture.
As you can see the metal carports can be used to store a variety of items besides a car or truck.
Here is a list of the metal carport sizes and prices. Once you decide on the size you will want to figure out which style carport you want.
Double Carport Styles
Regular Style Roof (Rounded Roof)
Boxed Eave Style Roof (A-frame roof but metal sheeting goes length of building meaning if you get a heavy snow it would not slide off so you would need to push the snow off of the roof)
Vertical Style Roof (Looks just like boxed eave style with a-frame roof but look at roof closely and you will notice the metal roof sheeting goes up and down to help snow slide off)
When you are figuring out the style of the steel carport or steel garage you may want decide on the budget you have as the regular is the most affordable and the boxed eave is priced in the middle and the vertical is the strongest but the most costly of the 3 styles because in order to make the roof sheeting go up and down on the roof cross bracing have to be attached underneath the roof to attach the roof sheeting.
All of the metal carports come standard with 6' legs and you can make them taller in 1' levels taller. Do you want to partially enclose the carport or leave it open? Do you need blue print drawings for your permit process if so you will want to make sure you make it certified as the certified metal buildings come with blue print drawings.
Other options to think about are going with a thicker 12 ga tubing which has a 20 year rust through warranty vs the standard 14 ga tubing which doesn't carry any warranty.
If the carport is going on the ground it is anchored for free to the ground with rebar. Want a little extra strength against the wind you may want to add 4 mobile home anchors putting one in each corner.
The Alan's Factory Outlet double carports for sale are delivered and installed for free to over half the Nation in 27 States in the USA.
Alan's Factory Outlet has several different types of custom garages to choose from.
The first kind of garage we will talk about are the custom metal garages which are built on site and come in 3 different roof line styles and many different widths and length. You get to make the sidewalls the height you want along with picking which garage door size will work to fit everything you plan on storing inside the garage.
12x26 boxed eave metal garage
When you order your metal garage you can add a 36" walk in door and windows. These doors and windows can be placed wherever you want them. Here are some of the options and prices for the metal garages. Keep in mind you can order by phone or you can buy the metal garages online.
The standard 1 and 2 car garages usually range from a 12' wide to 24' wide and the length start out 21' long and get longer in 5' increments up to 41' long and longer custom size garages are available. If you go with a 41' or longer metal building it is strongly recommended that you go with the vertical metal garage which is made with the roof panels going up and down. The reason for this is because the longest panel is 36' long so if you go longer than than and you get a boxed eave metal garage which looks just like the vertical except the roof panels run the length of the building or a regular style metal garage which has rounded sides this will create leaking issues and a weak spot in the garage that can be more prone to collapsing if a heavy snow is on the roof. 36' and under and all 3 custom garages would work fine.
The steel buildings can be custom made up to 40' wide and as long as you need them. Here is a custom steel building made for warehouse storage.
40' wide custom steel building with 2 framed out openings on the side
The steel garages can be made taller to store a rv motor home with leg heights up to 12' tall legs on the 12' wide steel buildings and the 18' and wider structures can be made with up to 14' tall legs. The tallest garage door we have is a 12x12 size garage door. You will want to measure how tall your rv is at the peak height to make sure that size garage door will fit your rv. Other options would be for us to frame out an opening if you need to get a custom larger size garage door after we install the building or a third popular option is to get one of the custom metal carports and just have the carport protect it from most of the rain, ice, snow and the sun. You can partially enclose it for a little extra protection from the sun and weather by adding a 3' panel on both sides and maybe a gable in the back end. You can put a gable in the front end but one thing to remember is if for example you have 12' legs carport a front gable will come across at the 12' height so as long as you don't have anything taller than 12' this will work.
The metal custom garages are delivered and installed for free in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
The metal buildings do not have a floor so we recommend either a gravel or concrete foundation.
Another category of custom prefab garages at Alan's Factory Outlet are the Amish built garages. They are made in wood, vinyl and board batten siding. They are delivered fully assembled to your location as long are you are located in Virginia and West Virginia as these are the only two states that the Amish custom built garages are delivered. These garages can be made with or without a floor.
24x24 barn roof 2 story garage without a floor
On the vinyl and wood custom garages you can go with a 1 car garage or a 2 car garage. A single level or a 2 story garage are other options. The two story custom garages are made with a stair case going up to a second level with 8' headroom on the first and second floor.
So as you can see there are many different types of custom garages to meet many different types of situations you are trying to solve and protect from the weather or theft.
If you could dream up a custom garage what would it look like?
Horse Stalls and Horse Sheds
Buying a horse run in shed shelter or horse stall barn for you horse is an important investment for your horse or horses. Alan's Factory Outlet horse shed is made portable and delivered to your field fully assembled in a modular structure ready for your horse to start enjoying instantly. This is a smart way to go if you may need to relocate the horse building as they can be dragged with 4 heavy duty tow hooks one in each corner of the horse shed. The outside of each horse shed is made with 1" thick eastern white pine board and batten siding. There is an option to get it stained or you could stain it yourself whichever way you prefer. They are all oak framed with a 4' high oak kick board to withstand the horse kicks.
Two choices you will need to decide is what size of a horse building you will need. There are many different sizes horse sheds for a small or large size 1, 2, 3 and 4 horses. Of course if you have more than 4 horses no problem we can just delivery a second or third building right away or at a later date.
The other factor is if you want to go with the horse run in shed shelter which allows for the horse to freely roam inside and outside of the protection of the shed. Or you may want to get it made as a horse stall barn which comes with 4' dutch door which you can open all of the way, just open the top half for air flow or fully close it.
One other option which you can add to either the run in sheds or horse stalls and that is a tack room. Keep in mind you can even could also just add a run in shed and horse stall or you could get a combination of all three. The tack room can go on one end or in the middle you get to pick the layout of the shed row horse barn.
The horse shed comes with a framed out opening or two depending on the size. The horse stalls along with the dutch door comes with a window with a metal grill. The stalls also have a chew guard along the top of the 4' high oak kick board and on the door where the horse could chew if left unprotected. The horse shed shelters are built with a metal roof and on the stall barns since they don't get as much air flow the metal roof is insulated.
Things to keep in mind when buying a horse shed or horse stalls
- Since the horse sheds are custom built by the Amish you will want to plan ahead and order the horse building a month or two before you need it to insure that you will have your horses covered.
- Make sure your gate is at least 2' wider then the width of the horse barn so that there is enough room for the truck and trailer that delivers the horse shed to get into the field and place the structure in the desired location.
- Once you figure out exactly where you want the horse shed you will want to make sure it is level, this is really important if you get a tack room with a single door or horse stalls with the dutch door because a few inches of of level could mean the doors rub and don't operate properly.
- The last thing you will want to decide is how the horse building will be loaded on the trailer. If the opening or doors need to be on the driver side or passenger side. It slides off of the rear of the trailer so you want to make sure when it slides off the door or opening is facing the correct way.
Want to get an idea on the cost of the horse buildings. Here are Alan's Factory Outlet horse shelter prices and the horse stall barn prices.
Discover 10 Ways to Transform Your Backyard with a Building at Alan's Factory Outlet
1) One of the most relaxing ways on the list is to put a gazebo in your backyard. The Amish built gazebo is delivered fully assembled in Virginia and West Virginia. They are made in pressure treated wood or vinyl. Many different sizes and styles with options such as screens or benches to name a few. Here is a picture of a vinyl rectangle gazebo with optional screens and ivory vinyl color. Other sizes such as oval an octagon gazebos for your backyard are available.
Ivory Vinyl Rectangle Gazebo
2) If you live outside of Virginia and West Virginia or lets say you do not have enough room for a fully assembled gazebo to be delivered into your backyard we do have wood and vinyl gazebo kits that are available in the oval and octagon styles which are delivered nationwide in the USA. Here is a picture of a diy gazebo kit a customer put together and placed on their deck.
Do it yourself gazebo kit installed by customer on wooden deck
3) Another product similar to the gazebo but doesn't have a fully enclosed roof is a pergola. The Amish built pergola kits are made in wood and vinyl materials with 4 or 6 posts depending on the size and have a shaded roof. The pergolas make a nice transitional area in your backyard to divide one area from another or you could even make the pergola the focal point of the yard.
Here is a customer who used to go on top of a brick patio and put table and chairs underneath it as a place to enjoy a nice home cooked meal.
Wood Pergola Kit
4) Looking for a rustic looking shed? The board and batten garden sheds could be just what your looking for. They are made with 1" thick eastern white pine siding with board and batten between each of the panels.
The floor system on the board batten sheds are the strongest of all of the storage buildings floors available at Alan's Factory Outlet. It is built with 2"x6" plank wood floor with 4"x4" pressure treated joists and 4"x4" pt foundation skids.
Dormer Board Batten Garden Shed
5) Have a home made with vinyl siding and want a vinyl storage building to match it. There is a full line of Amish built vinyl sheds. The vinyl siding on the exterior is 4" dutch lap vinyl siding which has a limited lifetime warranty. The interior on the buildings in 1/2" plywood with a 5/8" plywood floor.
The vinyl structures all come with fiberglass double doors. The one big advantage and why many people like to go with the vinyl buildings is that they do not require any painting.
Vinyl Siding Storage Buildings
6) The most popular of the Amish built structures are the wood storage buildings which are also the most affordable of the Amish made buildings. They have 1/2" T1-11 siding called Duratemp siding which has a 25 year warranty. Now just because it is 25 year warranty siding doesn't mean you will want to wait 25 years to paint it. The average paint it is approximately 10 years and this kind of varies slightly depending on if it is in the direct sunlight maybe a little sooner or if it is shaded you may get a little more time between painting.
At Alan's Factory Outlet we do not use any osb which stands for oriented strand board but all of the sheds and barns are made with a plywood interior. It is true that osb is slightly less money but I have personally seen too many times where a shed made with osb has started rotting out because the osb absorbs water and than doesn't go back to as close as the orginal size as real plywood. One of the goals is to provide the most value for our customers so this means the best quality products for a fair price and getting a structure that is made to last a lifetime vs saving a few dollars by cutting back on some of the critical materials is not the best long term buying decision.
Backyard wood storage buildings
7) A different type of product that is built on site are the metal carports. The metal carports are made with 14 ga steel tubing and 29 ga metal sheeting. They offer a place full shade on the roof and the sides are open for air flow. They can be partially or fully enclosed to meet your design specs. The carports are delivered to your house in a kit and put together by the team of professional installers with most size steel car ports being set up in a day or half a day if not a few hours.
The carports come in 13 different colors with your choice of roof and trim color. The carports are delivered and installed to over half of the nation in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
In this car port picture the customer closed in the back section keep some items out of the weather and secured in a locked in area.
Metal car port with enclosed 5' section on back end
8) Want a fully enclosed metal building, the metal garage will fit the bill for this backyard building solution. It is made in a variety of widths, length, leg heights with many different sizes of garage doors to choose from.
Metal 2 car garage
9) A type of building that is used for horses has also become a popular choice for storing wood or other items under the run in area and this structure can be used for many other items including horses, ponies, donkeys, cows and tractors to name a couple of reasons people will opt for a horse barn building.
Shed row horse barn with run in shed
10) We've saved the biggest building for last and that is the two story two car garage. With two buildings attached side by side and with the stairway leading up to the 2nd level you could say this is like 2 buildings in one.
Wood 24x24 2 story 2 car garage with barn roof
Large Outdoor Storage Sheds Wood & Metal Buildings and Garages
Alan's Factory Outlet has many different large storage sheds to choose from. These outdoor storage sheds are made in wood and vinyl siding which are made by the Amish and are delivered to your backyard fully assembled and available in Virginia and West Virginia. The metal storage buildings are delivered to your home as a kit and installed on site for free in AL, AR, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, MS, MO, NE, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, and WV. The largest and widest and longest of all of the structures would fall in the metal building category of buildings. They can be made as long as you need them by connecting them end to end. The biggest of the steel buildings has really beefed up construction to meet a span of 40' wide, 38', 36', 34' and 32'.
The largest of the metal buildings available (40' wide)
The steel buildings can be fully enclosed with a garage door for maximum protection for you valuable items from the rain, wind and snow to prevent rust or even theft. So protecting and securing your item will help it last longer or could even keep it from disappearing.
Fully enclosed big 40' wide metal building with 3 garage doors
The metal buildings can be made as long as you want them even over 100' or 200' long or longer depending on your needs.
The next size smaller, but still considered as a large storage shed are the triple wide metal buildings which are 26', 28' and 30' wide.
There other sizes of steel garages and metal carports that range from 12' wide to 24' wide for a 1 or 2 car garage or carport cover.
The largest style of the wood storage sheds are the two story garages which come in 21 different sizes of 2 car two story garages ranging from 20x20 size to 28x48 size. They are delivered in two sections with the roof hinged. The first half delivered on the first day and the second half on the second day and than on the 3rd day the roof is raised by the Amish and bolted together.
The two story garages can be custom built with garage doors or with just a single and double doors as shown here.
24x24 wood barn roof 2 story storage building
Another type of siding option available on the Amish built storage sheds and garages is vinyl siding and board and batten siding. The two car garages can be constructed in a two story as shown above or in a single level roof.
If your looking for only a one car garage but need it very long we have 12' wide and 40' wide 1 car garages and storage sheds that can be made up to 40' long.
14x40 prefab wooden garage
These large storage sheds and large garages in the wood and metal siding can be custom built in a variety of sizes to create an outdoor storage building to meet your needs of storing cars, trucks, motor home, boat, hobby room, workshop or just about any thing you can imagine.
Once you get your building it is ready for you to begin the process of deciding how you will use it to help figure out what you may want to do to it. You could insulate it, run electric to it, finish it off or leave it just as the shell. These changes you could always do down the road at a later time.
One advantage of getting a larger shed or larger shed is that many times when people do not get a big enough building they have to come back and get a second or third building once they run out of space. So sometimes by spending a little more money initially can save you more money in the long run.